What to expect during your first visit
We’re always excited to meet new patients and we hope you’re excited to meet us, too. During your first visit and after a warm welcome, Dr. Kay will proceed with a thorough examination and discuss your treatment options. Typically, this appointment will take about 20-30 minutes. During the initial examination, he’ll also ask questions about your oral health and we strongly encourage you to ask any questions you may have. Some good questions to ask include:
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
He will provide answers to your questions in as much detail as he can at the time. However, each case is different and he may need to take time to analyze specific needs to provide more in-depth answers. No matter what, we will always make sure you have a clear understanding of treatment options, costs and payment options.
You can also further assist us at the time of your first visit by providing us with the following information:
- Any panoramic X-rays that have been taken within the past six months.
- Your dental insurance card. This will help us give you an estimate of your out-of-pocket costs.
- Completed forms found on the “Paperwork” tab.